Tuesday 14 May 2013

THE PREMONITION

























 
I’m not drunk, he said. I’m just feeling tender, like I’m really open and anything might happen.
You ought to be careful saying things like that, she replied.
How so?
If you’re too open you can be climbed into and eaten up.
That’s crazy.
You’ll see.
What do you mean?
Look into my glass: what do you see?
Cinzano.
And?
And what?
Look through the glass.
I’m looking.
What do you really see?
I see you.
What do I look like?
You look drunk but interesting, and you look beautiful.
That’s your drink talking.
I see us walking hand in hand up the stairs to my flat.
Now you’re seeing.
You trip on a stair near the front door and I help you up.
You’re very kind.
And I kiss you.
Then I should kiss you back.
Such a sweet kiss!
It’s late, time to go.
Shall we go together?
What do you think?
I think we will